An architecture designed from the ground up for long range secure, reliable communications on power lines based on international G3-PLC standards
Simple plug-and-play control and monitoring of lighting, sensors and equipment using existing power lines without the need for any new wired or wireless set up.
- Power Line Systems network, based on G3-PLC (ITU-T G.9903) architecture, consists of multiple NC1, NC2 or NM7 network nodes and a single network data concentrator (gateway)- DC.
- The network nodes can exist on any of the three phases of the low voltage (80 – 480VAC) side of the power grid.
- Each node can be miles out from the nearest node (depending on the number of intermediate power line branches) and maintain network connectivity.
- The data concentrator (gateway) , DC, connects to one of the phases of the power grid on the low voltage side.
- Each DC can support up to 2500 network nodes.
- Each DC has the capability to communicate with the central SCADA terminal via secure ethernet, WIFI or LTE /CDMA/GSM cellular network.
- The network automatically installs and is self-healing; there is no field installation necessary other than mounting and wiring of the nodes.
- An optional LV-LV signal coupler can be used to propagate signals from multiple phases (or multiple transformer secondaries) to the all the phases in the installation.
- An optional MV-LV signal coupler can be used to extend the connectivity of the gateway across the medium voltage lines for larger industrial complexes or entire neighborhoods.
OFDM based physical layer [ BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK]
CENELEC B Band - compliant with world regulatory bodies
IEEE, ITU, IEC/CENELEC standards based
Two layers of forward error correction for robust data communications in harsh power line channels
Adaptive tone mapping for optimal bandwidth utilization
Channel estimation to select the optimal modulation scheme between neighboring nodes.
"Robust" mode to improve communication under noisy channel conditions.
IEEE 802.15.4-based MAC layer well suited to low data rates.
6LoWPAN adaptation layer to transmit IPv6 packets over powerline channels.
Multi layer encryption : Patented Cipher-Stream encryption on top of 256-bit Elliptic Curve Cryptography
Coexistence with older S-FSK (IEC 61334), and broadband IEEE P1901 and ITU G.hn standards.
Supports IPv6 to allow Internet-based energy management systems and applications.
Mesh routing protocol to determine the best path between remote network nodes